
We both needed a break from Utah and the cold weather, so we decided to go to Vegas with our friends Chris and Christine for the weekend. It was really nice to just shop and relax for a couple of days and not worry about working 24/7. We ate at the the Rio one night... and we sure did eat. I think Brad beat out all of us when it came to eating crab legs. I wish I could have taken a picture of all of the legs he ate! Christine and I tried not to get beaten by the guys, but we eventually gave up trying and went to the dessert bar : ) It was a nice quick get away, but it made me just realize how much I need/want summer vacation.
While we were in St. George we ate at the new In-N-Out and I bought a t-shirt. It was fun to see how busy it was even at 3:00 in the afternoon.

This morning we ran our first 5k. I was a little worried about how we would do considering we did not train for it at all. In the end Brad got 3rd in his age division and 13th overall for the men and I got 2nd in my age division and 5th overall for the women. I was really excited that we both did so well. I think that this is the beginning of a beautiful relationship with the Bradfords and running. The funny part about running this morning was that we ran with Brad's boss. Bill ended up getting second overall, but he was pushing his two girls in a stroller. It was really funny to see the guys at the beginning of the race looking at Bill. I know they were wondering why he was lining up at the front of the starting line. Here is a picture of us after the race.


6 comments:
You guys did awesome! Wasn't it a blast! I can't wait till we get to run a race with you guys. Great job.
Hi- I grew up with Brad and he also knew my husband when he served in TN. I was going to comment the other day and now wish I would have. We live in St. George and would love to get together with you guys next time you are down.
-Mary Kathryn
Great job on the race! Vegas sounds like so much fun. I've been trying to convince Paul that we should take a weekend trip down there. We should all get together sometime soon, maybe we could come up and see you guys some Saturday or something.
It is freaky how much you guys look alike! I am jealous, I can't remember the last time that we went on a vacation! Sound like you had lots of fun! Looj forward to seeing you guys in June!
Cute pictures. Congrats on running the 5K! We sure had fun with you guys last weekend. Can't wait to play more Rook soon!
Tag Laura, see my blog for details!
Post a Comment