Saturday, August 23, 2008
A Two and a Half Moral Victory
So since Laura feels that I do not ever give my input on our blog I thought that I would. Today I woke up at 3:30 am and drove down to Springville, Utah to run the Hobble Creek Half Marathon. I know what many of you are thinking, yeah right. But for all you doubters out there, yes I did go and I did post a personal record for myself. The reason that I did post a personal record is because I have never ran a like this before in my life and on top of never running a race before, I did it cold. No, training at all. This is a big mistake. Never run if you have no training up to the race. But nonetheless I finished. With a amazing time of 2 hours 28 minutes and 49 seconds. Yeah I know that is not amazing for any runners out there, but for never running I am happy and even more happy that I finished. The winner of the race finished in 1 hour and 6 minutes, in my opinion he is a show off. Now with this obstacle out of the way I am now training for the swimming leg of a triathlon team. I am racing on a team with my piano moving boss and his little brother. Don't worry, I am training for this one. Especially since it is a 1000 meter open water swim and I have not swam competitively since high school. On the 19th of this month me and Laura celebrated our third year anniversary. I feel that I am extremely lucky to have her in my life and truly do find my self falling in love with her all over again everday. We are also getting more anxious for our soon to be son to be born in 4 months. I can not wait. In other news, Laura starts teaching next week for her final teaching year, she can tell you more about that, and I start my final semester at UVU. I am starting to get ready to apply for jobs and pray that I can land something for the beginning of 2009. Lastly, we have been having a blast watching the Olympics, even the events that are rigged and have other countries or judges cheating.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I don't think that you will have a problem swimming at all. I think after a week of swimming you should be good.
I didn't know ya'll had the same anniversary as us! Congrats! good job on the run, and I agree some of the olympics were rigged, especially gymnastics..ugh!
Brad we are proud of you-good job! Is it called Hobble Creek for a reason?
Good for you, Brad! Yes, I think you're crazy for running with no training, but good job! I am excited for you to have your son here soon. It is seriously the most amazing feeling. I have never seen Stan so happy! :) You two will make awesome parents.
LAURA!!!! I miss you SO MUCH at the Cheesecake, I am way bummed you quit. It is understandable though w/ having 7 class periods. You BETTER invite me to your baby shower, I can't wait to see what your little guy will look like.
Excuse me, I want PREGGO PICTURES!!!
ummm.... are you ever gonna post pregnant pictures!! It's not fair not to!! I want to see your little belly!!
P.S. Got the sunglasses today- Thankyou!!!!
Post a Comment