Sunday, September 19, 2010

I am a slacker!






So much has happened since I updated last. I will give a quick summary of our lives.

CARTER
Carter has had an interesting past month. He was so happy to spend a couple of weeks at Grandma and PaPap's house. Brad surprised me with an anniversary trip and so Carter got a lot of one on one time with Grandma. While we were visiting PaPap took us to Six Flags, which was Carter's first time at a real amusement park. He had a blast! When we got home I went back to work. Carter went back to Kaylene's and enjoyed playing with Cale again. Then day three of being back, he got a bad rash and turned out to be cellulitis. Cellulitis, you ask? Yes, I had never heard about this before. Apparently it is either MRSA, Staph, or Strep that mutates your cells and basically causes your leg to burn up from the inside out. Needless to say Carter was in the hospital for 5 days. It was horrible watching my little guy get an MRI, IV, and endless medications getting shot into his little body. He was such a trooper. Whenever the nurses finished giving meds or checking his vitals he would blow them kisses and wave to them. Our Carter is totally back to normal. We love him so much and hope that he never has to experience something like that again.

BRAD
Brad was busy trying to surprise me with a vacation. He did such a great job! I was sleeping at my parents' house and Brad came busting through my door saying Would you except this gerber daisy? (We have been watching a little too much Bacherlorette in our house lately haha). Then he told me our plane was leaving for Puerto Vallarta in 5 hours so we had to pack some of my stuff and leave for LAX. We had such a blast spending time just the two of us. We love Carter, but it was great to have some alone time. I am so grateful for such an awesome husband. Brad is also doing great at work. He moved onto a new team this past, which is putting him in a better position to move to a branch in a year. He loves his job and I love that he has a job : )

LAURA
Back to work I go! My summer was full of so much fun that I didn't want to go back. I actually have somewhat smaller classes than I did last year, so it makes them so much more fun. I have some really cute students! This year I was out to a trailer. When I found out about this I wasn't very happy, but now I am really enjoying having some space so my activities don't interfere with the teachers around me. One of the nurses that took care of Carter in the hospital invited me to play on her basketball league team. We had our first game last Tuesday. It felt so great to be playing again. I am really glad that I have gotten this opportunity.

3 comments:

Southern Belle said...

I am so jealous of the basketball league team! They have no sports for adult women here!! Well, they have co-ed soccer, but it is only on Sundays, which I haven't been able to justify to myself yet. haha... Adorable pictures, how fun to go to Puerto Vallarta! That is so scary about Carter, I am glad he is okay now. It was great to get an update from you guys!

Unknown said...

Glad everyone is doing well! Cellulitis is no fun! I take care of kids with it all the time! Carter is getting so big! Talk to you soon!

J Perry said...

I want to play basketball too! When we were in CO we had a ward team, but I guess being in a geriatric ward, that's not likely to happen here :-P