Sunday, February 1, 2009

Carter James Bradford

So this past week and a half has been a whirl wind. Carter James Bradford was born on January 22, 2009 at 6:47 p.m. He weighed 8 lbs 1 oz and was 21 inches long. This Thursday will be his 2 week appointment and I am interested to see how much he has grown. My family all think that Carter looks like Brad and I agree. He has the cutest strawberry blonde hair and blue eyes. I think his hair will end up being an auburn, but we will have to see.

The actual delivery was much better than I had expected. I was really scared about the idea of giving birth, but I only had to really push for 25 minutes and only 15 minutes of it would I say was painful. I knew it would be worth it, but I didn't realize how much I was going to love my baby.

Both sets of grandparents came out this past week, which was great! I had so much help and got tons of good advice. We also decided to bless Carter yesterday because everyone was here, and that would be really difficult later down the road. Brad did a great job blessing little Carter. I feel so blessed to have such a sweet baby and a husband who could bless him.

I feel really bad because many of you have tried to call me, but I have been so busy with all the family in town that I have not had time for anything else. Life is settling down this week, so I promise I will get around to calling sometime soon.

I will be posting pictures in a different post because I have so many.

6 comments:

Endless Glow by Jenn said...

So Cute! I have been anxiously awaiting a post update. I am excited to see more pics too. You guys are so cute. You look great! I am glad to hear everything went well. No rush on calling me back. I figured you were busy with family. Call me sometime when the craziness settles, family is gone, and those over-whelming mommy hormones take over...I am always here if you need someone to talk to! :)

Southern Belle said...

i don't think i talked to anyone for like a whole month I know how you feel! He is totally cute!! Did you get an epidural?

Jenny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenny said...

Dont forget to post pictures, when you can of course!! I am so sad we cant see Carter!!! I have to live vicariously(sp?) through pictures. By the time we get to see him he will be so much older. :(

I Am sad we missing the blessing too. I hate living so far away!! Move to TN, please!!!!

Great family picture. You look great Laura!! I never looked that good a week after delivery!!!!!

Blake and Audra said...

Congratulations!! I am so happy for you guys. Little Carter is such a doll. I'm so glad the delivery was much better than you though. I can't believe you have a baby!!!

angie said...

Oh, he is SOOO CUTE!! Congrats!! I can't wait to see more pics. :)