Monday, March 9, 2009


This weekend we went to Vegas just to relax and have fun as a family. It was Carter's first trip out of Utah. We stayed at a new place called Aliante. Carter loved all of the music and lights. Last Tuesday Amanda and I went to our first cake decorating class. I got so excited about it that I had to try and decorate one. So I made this cake and decorated it for St. Patrick's Day. I was pretty proud of myself, it is much better looking than I thought I could do on my first try!

10 comments:

Sarah and Wes said...

Wow, I am SO impressed!! It looks like those cake-decorating classes are going to pay off.

Lindsey said...

looks very good and YUMMY!

Alissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alissa said...

Laura, you rock! That looks soo good and tasty. I have a new hobby, too. BLOGGING! It's nothing much just yet, but as I say in my posting, I am truly inspired by you guys.
Hope Vegas was fun and hope all is well.
kevinalissa.blogspot.com

Jenny said...

That is awesome Laura! Looks like you have some major talent!! I love it!

Southern Belle said...

Good job with the cake, you'll have to teach me! And don't worry, the running will get easier, good for you doing a half marathon!! I can't wait to get Carter and Cheyenne together to play:)

Mary and Jim said...

Laura, I am impressed. Great job for your first try. I am glad you are having fun with the class.

Ashlee said...

It's perfect. Looks like you're going to be quite a little baker. Thats so fun. Ya did a great job its so cute! Where did you take the class at?

angie said...

Looks soo yummy!!

Endless Glow by Jenn said...

That cake looks so yummy! Thanks for tempting me with sweets.