Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Summer 09
The last few weeks we have been in Tennessee, Michigan, and Ohio visiting friends and family. One of my best friends from high school got married last weekend. We were able to go to the wedding and then made it our family vacation along with it. In Tennessee Darren (Brad's brother) blessed his new baby Christopher. We made the baby blessing cake for them. Let's just say it was an all day event. Lindsey, Jenny, Brad, and I stayed up until 2 finishing the cake. The bottom layer was rice crispie treats. After the baby blessing we went up to Michigan to visit Thel and Malia. We went to Cedar Point and the 5 girls babysat Carter. I was a little scared because it was the first time I had someone that wasn't an adult babysit, but they did a great job! After visiting Michigan we went back to Ohio. Brad rented us a hotel room that was across from the shoe on OSU's campus. I was so surprised and excited. We tried to get in, but everything was locked. We took some pictures around campus. Next stop was my friend Jen's wedding. She made a beautiful bride. I had the honor of being her matron on honor (that really makes me sound old). Her reception was really fun and I got to catch up with David and Lynne, my other best friends from high school. We came back to Tennessee for a couple of days and visited with Brad's parents and brother Josh. All in all it was a hectic two weeks but it was great to see so many people. I wish I could have spent more time there, but we did as much as we could in the short time we had. School starts in a couple of weeks, and I wish I was a little more excited. The summer went by so fast I can't believe it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Beautiful cake....you are so good! Can I say that I have the most beautiful sister in the whole world too! How gorgeous can you get....I am jealous!!
Post a Comment